This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
- Java version(s): 6.0
Applets do not run because Java is not enabled.
The Java control panel is not configured to use the web browser. If Java is already installed but applets do not work, you may need to check and see if Java is enabled.
To see whether your browser is configured to use Java or not, first open Windows Control Panel. From the Start menu button, select Settings, then Control Panel to open the Java Control Panel, click on the Java Coffee Cup logo icon in the Control Panel.
For Java version 6.0 and above:
- Double-click the icon to open Java Control Panel.
- In Java Control Panel, click the Advanced tab.
- Click on + icon next to Default Java for browsers.
- Make sure the box next to Internet Explorer or Mozilla is checked.
- If it is not checked, click the checkbox to enable Java for your Web browser.
- Click Apply.
Note: If you do not see the coffee cup icon in the Windows Control Panel, you do not have Java installed on your computer.